Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
- Cleans and sanitizes interior of buildings to meet sanitary and quality regulations.
- Washes windows, walls, sinks, tubs, mirrors, etc.
- Ensures soap, towels, and similar supplies are adequately stocked.
- Performs routine weekly cleaning activities, such as dusting, mopping, etc.
- Performs trash removal and transports to disposal area.
- Performs laundry duties.
- Provides light maintenance duties, such as painting.
- Performs floor maintenance to include buffing and waxing.
- Cleans wheelchairs and other consumer apparatus and equipment.
- Assists in organizing and maintaining storage areas; stocks environmental and nursing supplies and materials; notifies supervisor of low levels.
- Sets up chairs and tables for meetings and special occasions.
- Shovels snow in winter months.
- Reports to supervisor any mechanical failures or hazardous conditions.
- Carries out the mission of the organization and is a role model operating with the highest standards of ethical practices.
- Maintains a clean work environment; follows safety & emergency procedures as well as reporting of safety and health concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist with residents moving and/or other moves/changes as needed.
- Assures the confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee and operations data in compliance with HIPAA policy & confidentiality procedures.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Schedule is based on a 6-week rotation:
Hours are: 6:30am - 3:00 pm, weekdays and 6:00am - 2:30pm, weekends
Week 1-Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Week 2-Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Week 3-Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Week 4-Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Week 5-Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Week 6-Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||1011 Davis St.|
|Apply by Mail:||1011 Davis St.|
Dubuque, IA 52001
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|