Intern - Public Relations/Marketing AssistantArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
This opportunity allows a student to have flexible hours to suit their scheduling needs.
- Enrolled in a University or College working toward a BA in Public Relations, or Marketing
- College level of reading, math, and writing skills
- Candidate needs to be a highly organized and detail-oriented person proficient with a variety of office equipment, computer, and computer database applications.
- Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to verbally present to large or small groups of people.
- This position requires the ability to work alone or cooperatively as part of a team, excellent organizational skills; and the ability to multi-task.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, Photoshop, and Indesign
- Must be available to work about 10-15 hours every week
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to read instructions
- Ability to write legibly
- Ability to use hands and arms to type on a computer, file papers, and handle paperwork
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to read the computer, employment information
- Ability to be mobile from one location to another unsupported
- Assists the Public Relations/Marketing Director in carrying out the activities associated with the agency’s public relations, marketing, fundraising efforts, and Social Media
- Communicates needed information regarding agency projects and functions to appropriate persons.
- Assists in the preparation and design of agency advertising, memos, letters, and other materials to convey information.
- Assists in maintenance and update of the agency’s website.
- In conjunction with the Public Relations/Marketing Director, may attend trade shows business pm's, open houses, and other marketing opportunities; creating and using displays or point-of-purchase signage to assist marketing agency products and services.
- Participates in Public Relations Committee, Corporate & Community Games Committee, Dubuque Area Bacon Fest and any other committees as directed.
- Prepares and keeps current donor and other mailing lists.
- Completes various tasks associated with special events, including space reservations, gift solicitation, food and beverage arrangements, preparation and distribution of invitations, etc.
- Reports directly to the Public Relations/Marketing Director
- Positions that report to the Public Relations/Marketing Director Assistant: none
- Must work closely with the Human Resources Director, other service directors, and other staff as necessary.
- Serves as a professional business representative of the agency.
- Sedentary work, with only occasional standing and mobility
- Travel within the local area (35 mile circumference) frequently.
Hours/Days of Work and Working Conditions:
Typically Monday through Friday, up to 10-15 hours a week, times will vary according to needs or schedule. Individual will work primarily indoors with frequent local travel, and occasional out of town travel.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job:
Equipment includes miscellaneous office equipment, e.g. computer, copier; car or other means of local travel; communication devices such as telephone, fax; and electronic media such as scanners, cameras, etc.
This listing has expired
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|