Intern - Public Relations/Marketing AssistantArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
This opportunity allows a student to have flexible hours to suit their scheduling needs.
- Enrolled in a University or College working toward a BA in Public Relations, or Marketing
- College level of reading, math, and writing skills
- Candidate needs to be a highly organized and detail-oriented person proficient with a variety of office equipment, computer, and computer database applications.
- Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to verbally present to large or small groups of people.
- This position requires the ability to work alone or cooperatively as part of a team, excellent organizational skills; and the ability to multi-task.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, Photoshop, and Indesign
- Must be available to work about 10-15 hours every week
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to read instructions
- Ability to write legibly
- Ability to use hands and arms to type on a computer, file papers, and handle paperwork
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to read the computer, employment information
- Ability to be mobile from one location to another unsupported
- Assists the Public Relations/Marketing Director in carrying out the activities associated with the agency’s public relations, marketing, fundraising efforts, and Social Media
- Communicates needed information regarding agency projects and functions to appropriate persons.
- Assists in the preparation and design of agency advertising, memos, letters, and other materials to convey information.
- Assists in maintenance and update of the agency’s website.
- In conjunction with the Public Relations/Marketing Director, may attend trade shows business pm's, open houses, and other marketing opportunities; creating and using displays or point-of-purchase signage to assist marketing agency products and services.
- Participates in Public Relations Committee, Corporate & Community Games Committee, Dubuque Area Bacon Fest and any other committees as directed.
- Prepares and keeps current donor and other mailing lists.
- Completes various tasks associated with special events, including space reservations, gift solicitation, food and beverage arrangements, preparation and distribution of invitations, etc.
- Reports directly to the Public Relations/Marketing Director
- Positions that report to the Public Relations/Marketing Director Assistant: none
- Must work closely with the Human Resources Director, other service directors, and other staff as necessary.
- Serves as a professional business representative of the agency.
- Sedentary work, with only occasional standing and mobility
- Travel within the local area (35 mile circumference) frequently.
Hours/Days of Work and Working Conditions:
Typically Monday through Friday, up to 10-15 hours a week, times will vary according to needs or schedule. Individual will work primarily indoors with frequent local travel, and occasional out of town travel.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job:
Equipment includes miscellaneous office equipment, e.g. computer, copier; car or other means of local travel; communication devices such as telephone, fax; and electronic media such as scanners, cameras, etc.
This listing has expired
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|