ParalegalFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Paralegal for Flexsteel’s Legal Department headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa. Provide legal assistance to Flexsteel’s In-House Corporate Counsel and provide administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with the business team and functional leaders to develop and maintain a contract management process and workflow to incorporate all contractual obligations amongst suppliers, customers, and general terms and conditions.
- Assist counsel with contract management lifecycle: create clause manual for the Legal Department and business units on routine, standardized contracts; facilitate execution of contracts involving Flexsteel’s standard contract forms; maintain a database of contracts.
- Assist business units and In-House Corporate Counsel with drafting policies, procedures, and preparing training materials regarding the same in a standardized format complete with review and revision process.
- Assist counsel with insurance program: annual insurance applications and renewals, filing insurance claims with insurance carriers, and maintaining insurance claim files.
- Prepare documents and lead monthly/quarterly insurance review process.
- Monitor corporate and subsidiary governance matters. Prepare documents for Secretary of State in various state jurisdictions.
- Prepare initial drafts of resolutions for Board of Directors and shareholder approval.
- Assist CEO and CFO office with preparation of board meeting review materials.
- Perform miscellaneous treasury duties as assigned.
- Conduct legal research based on statutes, case law, legal articles, and other regulatory sources.
- Draft appropriate documentation for attorney review and facilitate execution of documents and forms.
- Monitor intellectual property (IP) portfolio and work with outside counsel and business units on IP applications, renewals, and enforcement rights. Maintain IP log for the company.
- Assist counsel with discovery requests in litigation matters and maintain company’s litigation log.
Education and Experience Required:
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent education and training.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a paralegal in a corporate or firm setting.
- Skills to complete legal research assignments and ability to summarize findings and provide recommendations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and understand legal documentation.
- Highest level of discretion, sensitivity, and integrity in handling confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional, well organized, and detail oriented.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Westlaw, and internet research tools.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|