Quality EngineerFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc., currently has an opening at Global Headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa for a Quality Engineer. This individual will be responsible for conducting quality planning activities in support of new programs and current production with additional focus on working with suppliers to drive supplier improvement activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for implementing manufacturing strategies to deliver high quality products and to reduce the cost of manufacturing.
- Supports and manages procurement, manufacturing and distribution strategies to meet targets; evaluates data and trends and develops actions to positively drive cost, quality and service improvements.
- Collaborates with supplier representatives on quality problems, ensures that effective corrective actions are implemented, and contributes to supplier quality improvement
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection to ensure that the products conform to specifications and function as designed.
- Analyzes reports and defective products to determine trends and recommend corrective actions.
- Responsible for all aspects, products and processes, related to the Quality of production operations.
- Provides coaching to production personnel on Quality System requirements. Performs investigations for issues affecting Quality and responds quickly to Customer Quality concerns.
- Manages and drives corrective action through the 8D problem solving methodology and Engineering Change Request process.
- Manages and supports a network of supplier relationships that support the strategic business objectives.
- Handles the logistics of external vendors and various departments and supervising quality control.
- Collaborates with the sales, marketing, advertising and technical services teams to coordinate successful product launches.
- Implements process improvement initiatives to improve product quality and on-time delivery.
- Coordinates and integrates activity with other Quality Managers, Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Production Managers, Procurement Managers and Suppliers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Degree in Engineering with minimum of two years of experience in Industrial or Quality Engineering required.
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing Practices and Principles.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Previous manufacturing or production experience is required.
- Experience in delivering cost reductions through process improvements.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft suite, Statistical software and Outlook required.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Solid Works preferred.
- Technical and professional competency surrounding quality of product and operations required.
Ability to travel as needed
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|