A. Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is a major manufacturer of water works valves and fittings, high-pressure gas valves, and residential and commercial water pumping systems. The company is privately owned and has a history of quality products since it’s founding in 1856.
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is located in the Industrial Park off of the Northwest Arterial. Its north central location provides easy acess to major markets. In fact, the Company sells and distributes its five major product lines nationally and internationally.
"We will make good products and sell them honestly." This statement, made by the Founder Andrew Young McDonald in 1856, has become a corporate philosophy. Today A.Y. McDonald's strength lies in its ability to serve customers. To better serve, McDonald has created an organizational structure and a physical environment that provides for growth and profitabiltiy.
Plant and office environments provide greater product output, more control, modern technology and better internal housekeeping. This enables McDonald to seek new highs in quality and bring new items into production at more competitive prices. Please visit our website www.aymcdonald.com
We are looking for a Cost & Inventory Analyst. This position will be responsible for cost accounting activities related to manufacturing operations that include analyzing, reconciling, and controlling inventory, cost of sales, product margins, and productivity.
- Maintain company standard cost system including interface to general ledger
- Analyze and review bills of material to ensure accurate product costing.
- Prepare and reviews product cost estimates as requested by Sales and Engineering departments.
- Analyze manufacturing variances related to material, labor and burden.
- Analyze detail and trends related to scrap.
- Support annual labor and overhead review to establish standard product costs and rates.
- Provide leadership in area of inventory management
- Monthly inventory reconciliation to general ledger
- Cycle count results/analysis
- Works with outside auditors to ensure successful and timely completion of annual inventory observation
- Calculate company’s monthly LIFO inventory value
- Lead budget process, specific to material, labor, and burden costs
- Complete annual standard cost roll up
- Support general accounting
- Prepare/post monthly journal entries.
- Prepare/ analyze account reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing monthly financial reports
- Provide analytical support to organization
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum three years accounting experience, including costing in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Epicor ERP is preferred but not required
- Computer and keyboarding skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Candidate must have strong organizational skills and be able to work independently.
Excellent compensation and benefit package offered.
Please visit our website to fill out an application and submit a resume.
Health and drug screen required
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|