Day Hab and Life Choices SupervisorArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
The Supervisor is responsible for managing all components of the service delivery at specifically assigned agency locations or program area. The successful Supervisor will ensure highly trained staff are in place that follow approved active treatment, program and activity plans, and adhere to agency procedure and policy.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED; A.A. degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience at a supervisory level working in a Day Habilitation or similar program.
- Professional appearance and demeanor, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to provide leadership and direction to approx. 20 staff.
- Works with a variety of individuals with differing needs, must become knowledgeable of individual program plans.
- Must become knowledgeable of Day Hab and Life Choices program regulations and ensure staff are following regulations and care plans at all times.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to make responsible decisions often on short notice.
- Candidate needs to be a highly organized and detail-oriented person proficient with a variety of office equipment, computer, and computer database applications.
- Must be able to comprehend basic budgetary information to monitor program expenses.
- Candidate must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Light to moderate physical work that includes regular lifting up to 20lbs, and occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be certified to pass medication upon completion of agency sponsored training within 3 months of hire
- Requires valid driver’s license and driving record that meets agency authorized driving criteria.
This position is generally Mon-Fri, 7am -3:30pm, however candidates must be flexible to provide weekend and additional coverage as needed. This supervisor will take calls "on-call" from 5am-7am during the week and on a rotating basis with other supervisors on weekends.
Learn more about our benefits at www.arearesidentialcare.org/careers
Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||3355 Kennedy Circle|
|Apply by Mail:||3355 Kennedy Circle|
Dubuque, IA 52002
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|