Director of Lay and Continuing EducationUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a Director of Lay and Continuing Education in the Seminary. The University of Dubuque offers a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package including tuition remission, paid holidays, 4 weeks’ vacation and sick time. As well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
- Responsible for primary oversight and execution of the Christian Leadership Program for Commissioned Ruling Elders (CLP/CRE) online lay ministry program
- Work with the Dean and Faculty of the Seminary on a range of continuing education offerings
- Plan, design, market new congregation-based educational offerings
- Any other duties as assigned
- Master of Divinity degree and prior church leadership experience required
- Educational/teaching experience a plus
- Highly organized with outstanding, proven social skills (such as empathy, patience, problem solving, and resourcefulness) in working with online students from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); training provided in other software
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team in achieving goals
- Excellent administrative, oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, strong organization skills, problem-solving and analytical skills, and research abilities
- Ability to connect with and support the mission of the University of Dubuque (Seminary and College) and represent the institution in a positive manner
- Budget and fiscal management experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; plan, organize and prioritize work; and meet deadlines
- Utilize discretion and mature judgment in handling student/faculty/staff confidential information, as well as departmental and university matters
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, students, colleagues, and any other constituencies
To apply with a growing University for the Director of Lay and Continuing Education position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|