- Attend scheduled shift regularly and punctually ready and able to fulfill all required duties.
- Participate in all facets of the shipping/receiving process; remaining focused on the below priorities:
- Employee Health & Safety and Food Safety
- Product Quality
- Safe and proactive movement, storage and rotation of goods; striving to minimize loss.
- Adhere to FIFO rotation procedures of product, ingredients and supplies.
- Maintain department and applicable coolers in a sanitary, safe and organized manner. Monitor assigned cooler temperatures; recording finds on applicable worksheets.
- Ensure departmental equipment is in good working condition and that timely repairs are made, as needed.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of all materials/supplies to assure no interruption to production. Communicate shortages to appropriate parties (i.e. Plant Manager, Packaging Supervisor, QA Supervisor).
- Verify all incoming labels per company policy.
- Load and unload trucks; accurately completing required inspection forms and checklists. Verify receiving paperwork (i.e. bill of ladings, packing slips, counts, etc.) and promptly notify the Plant Manager or QA Supervisor of any damage, shortages or suspect deliveries.
- Supply the Packaging Department with materials as needed.
- Accurately stage production orders for shipment according to schedule.
- In conjunction with QA, verify applicable COA’s are received within incoming shipments.
- In conjunction with QA, verify the Status 3 Report against actual inventory.
- Maintain an accurate and organized filing system for shipping documents
- Safe operation of forklift and electric pallet jack; completing daily forklift inspection log, as required.
- Prepare UPS shipments on a daily basis.
- Professional communication with vendors, warehouse contacts, etc.
- Frequent communication and follow-up with key company contacts as to foster trust, transparency and uphold the production of safe, quality foods.
- Assist fellow teammates in reaching their full potential by promoting a culture of team work through demonstrating, teaching, reviewing, and providing guidance.
- Effectively communicate with department, plant and company personnel to ensure effective departmental operations and processes.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field desired.
- 1+ years of demonstrated work experience within a warehouse/shipping & receiving environment.
- Reliable, honest, and respectful.
- Ability to multi-task, self-direct, and self-motivate
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Committed to food safety/quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully, both verbally and non-verbally.
- Strong work character.
- Strong working knowledge of various computer programs (i.e., Excel, Word, etc.), Maestro (AS400).
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes, but not limited to: standing/walking on concrete, noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, and humid), routine bending/stooping/twisting/pushing/pulling, lifting 20-40 lbs., climbing stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment throughout shift
- Working with sanitation chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|