2nd Shift Care Staff (NEW WAGE SCALE)Area Residential Care, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
At Area Residential Care, we believe that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community. To achieve our vision, we work as a team to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
What You Do:
- Guide, train, and assist consumers in a supported community living setting with their daily program activities and life skills. Includes involvement in community outings.
- Assists individuals as necessary to complete food purchasing and preparation, do laundry, complete household duties, and complete hygiene activities including showering/bathing, toileting, and oral hygiene.
- Advocates for and teach individuals served on how to exercise their rights and on how to be safe.
- Ensure data is recorded promptly and accurately in regards to contact notes, incidents, etc.
- Use a variety of techniques to modify behavior within the home, including physical restraint if necessary.
- Pass medications to individuals served following all policies and procedures after completing agency sponsored training.
- Assist individuals with making and/or being present at medical/dental appointments as necessary.
- Maintain positive, appropriate relationships and effective communication with individuals served, agency staff, members of the community, and service providers.
What You Need:
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- No direct-care experience required- we will train!
- Ability to comprehend basic medical and life-skill programs
- Basic computer ability to type and process notes
- Ability to lift 20lbs and occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record required for most positions
- Requires certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training
- Successful clearance of criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
What We Offer:
- Full time staff receive Life, Health, Dental and Vision Insurances, 401k with employer contribution, Accrued disability time
- Paid Time Off after 90 days for full time and part time I staff
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- An opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact every day in a fun and upbeat family work environment!
Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|