Graduate Assistant- Men's BasketballUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University who is seeking a Graduate Assistant- Men’s Basketball.
- Assist with the direction of the men’s basketball program
- Administrative duties
- Game management duties of other sports as needed
- Any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required and the position is conditional based on acceptance into University of Dubuque Masters’ program
- Working knowledge of NCAA Division III and IIAC rules and compliance
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous collegiate playing, coaching, or managing experience is preferred
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays on occasion
The University of Dubuque is an NCAA Division III institution and a member of the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
The Graduate Assistant program at the University of Dubuque is a tuition-reimbursement program.
Applicants should be available to begin work on or before August 2018.
To apply with a growing University for the Graduate Assistant-Men’s Basketball position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||2000 University Ave|
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
|Apply by Email:||HR@dbq.edu|
|Years of Experience||--|