Social Services InternLuther Manor Communities, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Luther Manor Communities is evolving to excellence right before our eyes!
Luther Manor Communities is a not for profit senior health care continuum. We have two campus locations. The first is located on a five acre site in western Dubuque. Our second campus is a brand new continuum located on twenty three acres in Asbury.
At Luther Manor Communities, we strive to be a place where you can enjoy the golden years of your life with love, care and familiarity. We offer the finest and most respectful care services for our residents in a homelike and peaceful environment.
At Luther Manor Communities we offer:
- All in one full faith based healthcare continuum that meets your needs today and well into the future.
- Enriched lives through a continuum of quality services guided by Christian love and compassion.
- Rapidly growing campuses at Hillcrest and in Asbury.
- Includes Independent Living, Assisted Living, Care at Home, Skilled Nursing, Long Term Care, Memory Care, Outpatient Therapy and Short Term Rehabilitation
- Come contribute to a premiere health care provider and make a difference in the lives of our Dubuque area seniors!
Luther Manor Communities mission is to fulfill the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual needs of our residents. We strive to maintain the dignity of each individual in the spirit of Christian love and compassion. When it comes to choosing a facility for your loved one, we can help.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in a friendly, caring environment, then check us out at Luther Manor Communities.
We offer a variety of jobs some of which include:
Nursing (RN, LPN, CMA, CNA)
Laundry & Housekeeping
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Social Services Intern Program Description
Goal: To provide Junior and Senior level social work students field work opportunities to assist in meeting the guidelines for graduation from an accredited school of social.
- Students will work directly with the Director of Social Services and Social Services Coordinator to observe day to day interactions, ask questions and learn about social services in the long term care setting
- Students will complete the required minimum of 400 field work hours as set forth by the National Association of Social Workers
- Student will meet weekly with the Director of Social Services to discuss questions or concerns regarding activities of the week and to discuss the relation of social services actives to the required areas of competency including:
- Identify as a professional social worker and conduct oneself accordingly
- Apply social work ethical principles to guide professional practice
- Apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgements
- Engage diversity and difference in practice
- Advance human rights and social and economic justice
- Engage in research-informed practice and practice informed research
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment
- Engage in policy practice to advance social and economic well-being and to deliver effective social work services
- Respond to contexts that shape practice
- Engage, assess, intervene,, and evaluate with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
- Luther Manor will offer a professional and educational experience to students meeting the criteria for field placement