Education Outreach InternNational Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, Dubuque, IA
The Dubuque County Historical Society operates the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, National Rivers Hall of Fame, the Mathias Ham House Historical Site, and the Dubuque Guide Service. The Museum & Aquarium serves over 200,000 people a year, including several thousand more each year at its historic sites and tours, telling the story of the Mississippi River and the History of the Dubuque and Tri-state area.
Greater than 90 full and part time employees and over 500 volunteers.
The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is looking for an Education Outreach Intern to work with our Education Outreach Coordinator, approximately 20 hours per week. The Education Outreach Intern will assist the Education Department with all aspects outreach programming, including program development, implementation and tracking. There will be some travel to local schools, libraries and other community locations.
- Assist with the delivery and presentation of public and school programs offsite
- Develop and implement an outreach program offering
- Update records as needed
- Take photographs during programs
- Possible training to handle and present programs with live animals
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible availability – with the possibility of an occasional weekend or evenings
- General knowledge of K-12 teaching and state standards
- Enthusiasm to work with all audiences and ages
- Background in education, biology, history, communications, etc.
- Desire to excite groups about all aspects of the Mississippi River
This is an unpaid position providing invaluable experience in the informal education world. The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is an affiliate with the Smithsonian Institute, a member of the AMA (American Museum Alliance), and a member of the AZA (Association of Zoos and Aquariums).
Please send resume & cover letter to Vicky Sutter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 350 East 3rd Street, Dubuque, IA 52001.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||350 East 3rd Sreet|
Dubuque, IA 52001
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Arts and Entertainment
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|