Personal Assistant -Intermediate Care Facility (ICF)Hills & Dales, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
Hills and Dales Development Center
Personal Assistant – Intermediate Care Facility- 3rd Shift
The Personal Assistant is responsible for helping to build meaningful lives for the children and adults we serve and for enhancing the quality of their lives. This is accomplished through our core values: quality of life, initiative, creativity, teamwork, safe environment, and innovation. If you believe in the same values, you may be a great candidate for this career!
Some of the responsibilities of a personal care assistant:
- Provides personal support and active engagement of clients with intellectual disabilities in maintaining their daily lives and community activities.
- Assists in the transportation of clients to appointments.
- Promotes the dignity of the clients.
- Ensures the safety and the health of the clients.
- Assures confidentiality and complies with HIPPA standards.
- Maintains flexibility in homes for staffing.
- Attends all training’s and mandatory meetings.
Education, Experience, and Training:
- Proven experience as a personal care assistant is preferred, but not necessary. WE WILL TRAIN YOU!
- Able to handle stressful situations due to the nature of the position.
- Well organized, reliable, has great communication skills and is positive with strong ethics.
- CPR certified preferred, but not required. We have a FREE training class to certify you!
- Free of a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- Eighteen years of age or older and a high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive agency vehicle(s), third shift staff are excluded from this requirement.
- One year of direct support experience in a formal support provision setting and/or CNA preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Third Shift: Hours vary between 9:00pm/10:00pm to 5:00am/6:00am
Part-time hours range from 14-64 hours per two-week rotation.
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
This listing has expired
Full and Part Time
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|