Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. Our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business.
Our employees ARE our most important asset. To support them and our business operations, we are seeking an Employment Specialist Intern to focus on the recruitment of temporary employees. If you would enjoy the challenges and excitement of recruiting and supporting a dynamic and ever-changing workforce—this could be the opportunity for you!
Employment Specialist internship will begin in June and end in December 2018. This position will be based at our Sun Prairie, WI Distribution Center
What You’ll Do
We need thousands of employees to deliver the excitement we promise our customers so we do a lot of hiring! Your work will primarily revolve around fulfilling temporary hiring goals. To meet those goals, you duties will involve interviewing candidates, hiring, and orientating new employees. You’ll also be responsible for:
- Performing reference and background checks on applicants as needed
- Processing necessary paperwork related to the hiring
- Conducting temporary employee surveys
- Assisting with updating and entering drug screening information into our computer system
- Assisting Human Resource Manager with special projects and tasks as assigned
What it takes
This role requires a strong, consistent, and empathetic communicator with knowledge around the Human Resource function. Ideally you will be working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Human Resources or related field. In addition, we are looking for:
- Junior or Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
- Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Effective presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- The ability to effectively handle difficult situations/ conversations diplomatically
Paid Opportunities—We offer a competitive salary – our 2016 interns averaged $3,500/month!
Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 40% off.
Four-Day Work Weeks—We all need a little down time and during the summer months, our interns enjoy a few four-day work weeks.
Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vison Insurance
Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|