Hirschbach Motor Lines is a refrigerated carrier established in 1935. Proudly family owned, Hirschbach's refrigerated fleet is among the newest, most fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly in the trucking industry. We specialize in delivering fresh and frozen products across the United States along with offering experience in handling dry goods. Hirschbach is a company built on strong relationships with our family of customers, drivers, employees, vendors, and partner carries. We welcome you to join our family!
The Breakdown Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of non-scheduled repair assistance to operators throughout the United States. They direct vehicles to the nearest company service location or one of thousands of service providers in our computerized database. Following established guidelines and using the Road Call module in TMT, they will acknowledge a breakdown event and identify the best course of action to most efficiently and cost effectively resolve the mechanical issue. In addition, they will be aware of equipment OEM service networks, purchased component warranties and will seek to direct service plans that are most appropriate to the event. Must be able to work nights and weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage incoming Breakdown in box
- Create Breakdown Cases and properly Characterize the event by Event Type, Equipment Type
- Will involve OEM and Component supplier’s service support centers where appropriate and maintain accurate records of corresponding case numbers associated with the event
- Set accurate “Follow up” times to ensure accountability and maintain a sense of urgency to get equipment operational as soon as possible
- Seeks to exhaust all possibilities in getting equipment operational no more than 24 hrs from when the unit went down
- Accurately records case notes to provide a condensed “Story” of the event and its resolution
- Accurately maintains an event Life Cycle Status
- Will communicate with Operations to keep Driver Management aware of the event timeline and will maintain as accurate Estimated Up Time so load planning can rely upon when the unit will be operational.
- Will escalate cases as needed to maintain progress in the case and ensure the proper diagnosis of the repair and maintain continuity of Warranty Recovery.
- Follows guidelines for preventing vendors from overcharging for repairs and preventing scam artists from stealing from the company
- Follows guidelines for approving repairs and issuing payment or giving out purchase orders
- Manage calls from drivers who require assistance, typically mechanical, with fleet and owner operators, in a timely and cost effective manner
- High school diploma/equivalent required
- Very high ethical standards and accountability
- Mechanical knowledge preferably with tractor/trailer operations
- Strong customer service skills
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|