Operations InternshipColony Brands, Inc., Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Colony Brands, Inc.is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Operations Internship will begin in June and end in December 2018.
What You’ll Do & Learn
The Operations Intern will assist with supervising the operations aspects of the Peosta, IA Fulfillment Center, a full-service fulfillment facility. Your responsibilities will consist of working with department leads to establish work assignments, evaluates employees using Warehouse Management System (WMS) and assists in training employees. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with planning, staffing, directing, and controlling all operational activities
- Assisting management in establishing performance objectives and strategic planning
- Will be required to rotate to various areas within the Clinton Fulfillment Center to fill in as needed
What it Takes
This role requires a strong, consistent and clear communicator with the ability to motivate temporary employees. Ideally, you will be working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or related field. In addition, we are looking for:
- At least Junior or Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
- Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Possesses knowledge of supervisory procedures and concepts
- Possesses high school graduate math abilities
- Able to work scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime on short notice
- Paid Opportunities—This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 50% off.
- Time Off—We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
- Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
- Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.