Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) ($500 Sign-on Bonus!)Hillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA Wapello, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
On-call rate: $3.50/hour, $5.00/hour weekends* or $7.50/hour on holidaysOn-site reimbursement (minimum of 1 hour) when called in: $
60.00/per hour weekdays, $80.00/per hour weekends* or $100.00/hour holiday rate.
Job Purpose: Works within a collaborative physician relationship to provide specialized and advanced direct and indirect care.
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing and Nurse Practitioner Program and licensed in the state of Iowa with an approved psychiatric emphasis and at least one year of experience in psychiatric care.
- Must complete Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training within four months of hire date.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Provide direct mental health care; including but not limited to: obtaining histories, ordering and interpreting appropriate lab and test results, establishing diagnosis, and initiating treatment plan. Provide patient education to promote wellness, support disease management process, and community living skills.
- Will perform initial evaluations and follow-up care for medication management clients.
- Counsels and instructs clients in treatment compliance, including any required or suggested blood work.
- Complete paper work/dictation in a timely manner.
- Reviews all cases referred to by therapists and/or other medical practitioners.
- Exercises final decision making power in clinical issues. Will provide consultation, feedback and direction as needed to the team.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding Hillcrest Family Services, its clients, and employees. Also ensures confidentiality of records.
- Represents the program and the agency in activities extending beyond the program. May be called upon to present educational sessions to groups as indicated by professional ability as requested/compensated.
- Assesses clients within 6 hours of admit to subacute.
- Shares information and resources to assist other programs in helping clients meet needs related to health care.
- Establishes a professional network within the community.
- Work as a preceptor for NP students if coordinated via location assigned.
- Follows program procedures and policies.
- Offers suggestions for improving care given to patients.
- Perform other tasks as negotiated.