Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Lead Tobacco Use Prevention Position
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
What you need
- Associates in a human service or related field and/or one year experience
- Knowledge in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Tobacco Free
What Makes You Stand Out
- Bachelors in a human service
- Previous teaching and/or curriculum implementation experience
- Familiarity with policy and/or coalition work
As a Lead Tobacco Use Prevention Position, in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include supporting the goals and objectives of the Iowa Department of Public Health Tobacco Use Prevention Grant, Community Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Grant and other community health programs. In addition, you will:
- Assist with the submission of Quarterly, Year End Reports, and Grant Renewal to IDPH
- Performs community outreach to educate and create awareness about community health programs
- Attends Coalition and Committee meetings to discuss and further grant goals
- Recruit and register youth ages 12 to 18, participate in ISTEP youth chapters
"This job allows me to experience many different community health programs and I feel like I am making a difference. I am creating a healthier community." - Current Hillcrest Employee of 8 years
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|