Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
- High school diploma or equivalent requried. Bachelor's degree preferred. Must be able to drive agency vehicles. Must hold a valid driver's license and have the vehicle insured. Must have 24 hour per day access to a reliable vehicle.
- Graduate Iowa Peer Support Training Academy or equivalent.
- Ability to work with individuals with a lived experience of mental health or substance use conditions.
- Possesses an orientation towards wellness and recovery.
- Adheres to the Peer Support Specialist Code of Ethics.
- Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse. Must be trained within four months of hire date and every five years thereafter.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
1. Understands and demonstrates the ability to welcome persons and families to IHH and related programs. Understands the philosophy and purpose of the IHH program and demonstrates the ability to effectively educate others on the value of the program.
2. Demonstrates the ability to welcome persons and families to IHH.
3. Demonstrates the knowledge and purpose of necessary IHH program new member intake forms.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and purpose of funder's processes and requirements as it relates to the enrollment of new IHH Members.
5. Demonstrates the ability to effectively explain the IHH enrollment process and the purpose of each required form, while completing the enrollment process with new members.
6. Provides peer support through lived experience, awareness, and commitment to the understanding of Mental Health, to persons in recovery and their family members.
7. Role models the importance of good self-care, healthy lifestyles, coping skills, self-help strategies, and regular use of the wellness tools.
8. Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to recovery philosophy.
9. Demonstrates a firm understanding of recovery-related advocacy.
10. Develops meaningful relationships with persons in recovery, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
11. Becomes familiar with community resources to assist care coordinators in connecting IHH clients to needed services.
12. Present at Mercy 2 North two times weekly to educate clients on IHH and complete enrollment paperwork.
13. Meets individually with clients in their homes, community, and/or office setting as often as needed.
14. Facilitates groups of two or more people.
15. Participates in care coordination activities and case discussions for IHH members.
16. Maintains regular contact with supervisor and actively seeks input from supervisor and other available resources.
17. Demonstrates respect, non-judgement and compassion toward others.
18. Communicates appropriately and clearly to supervisor and other staff members.
19. Completes all required paperwork and computer data entry according to project standards in a timely manner.
20. Understands and demonstrates superior customer service.
21. Creates and maintains a WRAP for work. Provides communication on self- care with supervisor as necessary.
22. Participates in required IHH Team Meetings, staff meetings, workshops, and training as determined by supervisor.
23. Assumes other duties as assigned by Program Manager or designee.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|