Psychiatric Medical Prescriber ($500 Sign-on Bonus!)Hillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA Washington, IA
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Delivers mental health care services to clients.
- Perform intake assessments.
- Provide medication management, including periodic medication checks.
- Institute referrals as necessary.
- Review all abnormal lab reports and oversee nursing staff in the education and follow up of clients.
Documents care provided within 48 hours of date of service as required.
Maintains relationship with the Medical Director as required.
- Maintain protocols in written form, reviewing, revising every protocol as needed, at least every three years.
- Review all cases referred to physicians.
- Meet with the Medical Director on as needed basis related to specific cases.
- Be available during Medical Director's visit to Center.
To represent the program and the agency in activities extending beyond the clinic.
- Present educational sessions to groups as indicated by professional ability.
- Participate in public relations projects.
- Share information and resources to assist other programs in helping clients meet needs related to health care.
- Establish professional network within the community.
- Preceptor for interns as directed.
Provide quality assurance for health clinic.
- Review medical files as needed.
- Identify issues of quality related to health services to the clients.
- Offer suggestions for improving care given to clients.
- Participate in staff meetings.
Licensed in Iowa as a psychiatric nurse practitioner, MD or DO required.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Full or Part Time
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|