Match Support SpecialistConfidential,
This listing has expired
Job Purpose: Provide match support for mentors/menties in the community based program in accordance with the standards set forth by Hillcrest Family Services.Regulatory Requirements:
B.A. degree, preferably in social work, education or a related area of study. The Match Support Specialist should have at least one year experience in the education, recreation or human service field.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Provide match support guidance and activities for community.
- Thorough scheduled in-person, telephone and electronic contact. Ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible. Promptly notify supervisor regarding concerns, which may negatively impact the match.
- Document and monitor all aspects of match support and supervision.
- Assess individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Provide timely and comprehensive written summaries of all contacts.
- Develop interventions to strengthen and sustain match relationships.
- Provide guidance to mentors having difficulties with the match. Notify the Mentor Dubuque Program Coordinator immediately if there are any safety concerns.
- Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support to continue to grow.
- Develop, market and present match activities that offer volunteers and children a variety of opportunities for group interaction and agency affiliation.
- Implement and promote match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement through individualized recognition, annual events, and re-engagement strategies.
- Plans, implements and occasionally supervises activities for children matched and on waiting list. This may be done in conjunction with community volunteers.
- Engage in evaluation activities in order to assess the length and strength of each match.
- Establish, monitor and meet goals for match length and customer satisfaction. Utilizing SOR, YOS, access match impact on youth development.
- Establish, monitor and meet goals for match length and customer satisfaction. utilizing P.O.E., assess match impact on youth development.
- Conduct exit interview by phone with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential. When match terminates prematurely or unexpectedly, refer exit interview to supervisor for completion.
- Identify and promote re-engagement of volunteers as Bigs, board members, donors and in other volunteer capacities.
- Work effectively with the Advisory Council, other Hillcrest and Mentor Dubuque staff to identify opportunities for program expansion through collaboration, fundraising, etc.
- Share with development and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships as discovered through volunteers' and parents' employers and affiliations.
- Assist with special events in order to raise funds to sustain/expand the program.
- Assist with speaking engagements and promotional booths/events/exhibits in the community.
- All other duties as assigned.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|