IT Manager/Network AdministratorPortzen Construction, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Portzen Construction began in 1983 with several housing rehab projects where they converted old buildings. Portzen Construction was incorporated in May of 1989, changing the name to Portzen Construction, Inc. The company has since developed into a multi-faceted organization. Our capabilities include: complete excavation services for underground utilities, water service, storm and waste water piping, street repairs, and building foundations; concrete services for roads, streetscapes, parking lots and street paving, building foundations and structural concrete; carpentry services for residential, commercial and industrial structures including framing, finishing, cabinetry, siding and roofing; plumbing services for residential, commercial, and industrial projects including process piping for water treatment, waste water treatment plants and aquatic facilities for moderate size cities.
Portzen Construction is looking for an IT Manager/Network Administrator to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade in-house networks and servers
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Keep an eye out for needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Update and maintain company website
- Implement and maintain GPS programs
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Handle annual IT budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Proven experience in an IT Manager/Network Administrator role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Experience with Sage 100 Accounting Software (beneficial but not required)
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
This position is a full-time position of 45 hours per week, with a salary depending on experience.
Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, retirement plan, paid time off and paid holidays.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|