LPN/RN/BSNHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Job Purpose: To provide health care services in a residential facility for adults with men
1.Serves as a primary worker for clients as assigned.
2. Adheres to all licensing, regulatory and agency guidelines.
3. Documents significant information in each file in a clear and timely matter.
4. Teaches necessary problem solving and independent living skills.
5. Teaches day habilitation classes and properly document.
6. Assists with social recreation activities within and outside the facility or in the community and to follow all guidelines of the activity coordinator.
7. Provides transportation for clients as needed by adhering to all traffic laws and ensure that clients comply as well.
8. Immediately corrects safety hazards or to report those to supervisor or maintenance as appropriate.
9. Assists in the daily upkeep of the facility including housekeeping and supplies.
10. Encourages and assists clients in keeping their bedrooms clean so they meet their goals and follow safety regulations.
11. Knows agency's policy and procedures in case of emergencies.
12. Works with staff and clients in following all emergency procedures.
13. Assists in getting clients to safe zones in the case of emergencies.
14. Shares in weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled.
15. Listens to report before or soon after the start of your shift.
16. Full-time employees must attend a minimum of 8 in-services a year, (min 75% per year). Part-time employees must attend at least 4 in-services a year.
17. Assists with choke patrol as needed.
18. Administers medications in a timely fashion, observing the 5 rights of med administration.
19. Documents med administration on the MAR and in other appropriate areas within the client record.
20. Assess need for and approve PRN medication requests as required.
21. Observes and documents client response to, and compliance with prescribed medications.
22. Follows all Joint Commission, state, and HFS standards.
23. Obtains and evaluates client vital signs as necessary.
24. Calls or faxes medication orders to the pharmacies.
25. Transcribes doctor orders correctly.
26. Communicates client care needs through shift report.
27. Supervises, assigns and directs floor staff as necessary.
28. Schedules/coordinates out of facility appointments for clients as needed.
29. Completes incident reports within 24 hours of occurrence.
30. Communicates with other providers in a professional manner.
31. Obtains lab specimens as ordered.
32. Completes ordered treatments for clients accurately.
33. Completes client admissions and discharges within 24 hours.
34. Assists in orientation of new staff.
35. Follows all steps in the protocol book when situations arise for same.
36. Prepare and send paperwork for client doctor appointments, LOAs, transfers, etc. as needed.
37. Initial orientation completed and sent to Human Resources.
38. Knowledge of Client Rights, Rights Restrictions and Limitations.
39. Knowledge of Procedure for Passing Medications.
40. Knowledge of Medication Policy.
41. Knowledge of Individual Member Support Needs, to include clients service plans, goals, supports and needs.
42. Behavior Intervention to include addendums to service plans and corrective actions.
43. Completes all other duties as assigned.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|